Saturday, December 18, 2010

Easy, Fun Picture Frame Earring Holder

Hello everyone!

As my first post to this blog I wanted to post my favorite and most often used craft/project:




The good thing about this project is it does not take any time at all. Well, it took me a year to figure out what I was going to do, and then actually do it... But I guess that's what I get for being a busy seventeen year old! :]

This craft is PERFECT if you're anything like me- which means you have numerous articles of earrings (my most frequented item in my repertoire). All you need is a desired frame (I bought mine from IKEA- it's called the UNG Drill, runs at about $29.99), screening material, a hot glue gun, and of course the glue to go with it.

The EASIEST way I found to attach the screening material was to lay it all the way across the frame and just cut it off at the width of the frame. I then proceeded to turn the little metal tabs (that hold the picture and glass in) backwards so that it held the screening material. Then I hot glued the rest of the edge down and then cut off the extra screening material.

It's best to work on a large area. I worked outside on my patio on a table, so to prevent my dogs from stepping on it or getting near the hot glue.

Minus my ages of planning time, the whole thing took about thirty minutes. It's really fun and really easy and it's good for teenagers, college students... I think my mother even wants me to make her one!

I got ribbon to wind between as a personal preference, and because it looked amazing with the color scheme in my room. The hanger I used is from Hobby Lobby (I went there for the first time TODAY, my mom found the hanger after I made the frame), and it's absolutely incredible! I will most definitely go back. I also looked at Urban Outfitters for hangers (I know, weird right?) and I found some cool ones, but I definitely like the one I have the best and advocate Hobby Lobby entirely. It's truly amazing in there!

BUT...

Unfortunately, picture frames come with glass, and I determined to use the glass for another craft, I'm just not sure how... Any ideas hit me up!

I hope you all enjoy this craft and share your opinions on it! Like I said, please feel free to email me at the address provided in my profile. Thanks so much!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment