Thursday, December 23, 2010

Spicing Up the Christmas Tree...

So, my mother requested that I sew something for her, because she claimed that she "is the only one who I've never made anything for"... Which is so not true because she has all my crafts from who knows when, and I haven't sew/made things for several of my family members.

Anyways, she requested that I make a tree skirt for her- so here it is!


The skirt itself was simple, I think, however, that I probably picked the hardest materials to work with... Here are some detailed shots of them:


I used some beading on the edge too, which was a little hard to work with because the ribbon wasn't quite as wide as I would have liked it to be; and that made it difficult to sew on. I did use a pattern for this, as I usually do. But I generally only use the patterns to help me get a basic shape for cutting each piece, but one is definitely not needed for this project. I tend to never follow the patterns other than just cutting the pieces and material measurements.

Fun to do, I would love to experiment with it some more, other colors and materials. I really want to try a black satin with a white or cream lace over it. I think that would look awesome, but not very Christmas-y... :]

Hope you enjoy, please feel free to share your thoughts, questions, concerns...

No comments:

Post a Comment