Sunday, January 16, 2011

Book Review: Deadly Little Games

By Laurie Faria Stolarz
Published by Disney Hyperion
Released December 21, 2010
Rating (1-5): 3.5

Camelia and Ben have discovered a powerful bond: They both possess the power of psychometry, the ability to sense things through touch. For Ben, the gift is a frightening liability. When he sense a strong threat or betrayal, he risks losing control and hurting people. Camelia' gift is more mysterious. When she works with clay, her hands sculpt messages her mind doesn't yet comprehend. Before either teen has a chance to fully grasp these abilities, an unresolved family tragedy resurfaces in Camelia's life, irrevocably changing everything she cares about...

I will admit that I was disappointed in this book. I've read Stolarz's other series, Blue is For Nightmares, and fell in love with them. So, I decided back in October of 2009, to pick up Stolarz's new series, Deadly Little Secret. DLS was then followed by Deadly Little Lies, which was then followed by Deadly Little Games.

I really liked the first book, and would definitely recommend it as a read. The second novel, started to get a little tedious, but with the introduction of a new character/love interest, Adam, it was a little more enjoyable. However, this last book I felt was extremely tedious. The first two books kept you on your toes, keeping you constantly guessing about what danger Camelia was in and who was stalking her. But the third book lacked the intensity and mystery of the first two, leaving me hanging out to dry.

However, while I had to prod myself to keep reading the novel, the writing it excellent. It's just needed a little more attention to the detail and a better developed story line.

All in all, the series is something I would recommend, but it would not be the first I would suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment