Saturday, January 8, 2011

How To Make Scented Olive Oil Body Softener

Hey all, so this week's craft was a personal feel-good craft. I decided to make myself some body lotion, I just tried it and it works miracles!

Necessities:
- 1 cup of unscented lotion.
+the unscented part if really important because the scented lotion smells weird with the olive oil.
- 1/4 cup of virgin olive oil (extra virgin works the same)
- Container for your lotion (plastic, glass, lotion bottle, etc.)
- Essential oil (can be found a places like Whole Foods, Wild Oats, etc.)
+not necessary for the lotion, since the olive oil is the moisturizing and softening product. Although, I'm glad I did an essential oil because the olive oil smells a little odd by itself.

First, you start out with your (unscented) lotion, peppermint or rose oil (if you'd like) and olive oil. You put it all in a bowl, or in whatever bottle you'll use for it, stir/shake it up and- ta-da! You're finished.



Simple? Yes. Totally worth the fifteen to twenty minutes it takes to make it? DUH!

I used peppermint oil in mine, and I love it! Smells so yummy. I hope to try rose oil the next time I make it.

Here are some cool properties of the essential oils I suggested. Keep in mind that you can you any oil that smells good to you!

Peppermint oil properties:
-relives pain, without numbing sensation
-antiseptic
-reduces fever or swelling
-prevents muscle spasming

Rose oil properties:
-represses muscles spams
-antiviral (although, I highly recommend you eat the lotion, even if it does smell good :])
-an aphrodisiac (And who doesn't like those!)
-antiseptic

Enjoy, please share your thoughts or how this craft worked out if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment